For admission into the M.A. Theology programme of the Dominican Institute, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Student must possess at least five credit at O/L including English Language.
- Possess at least a second class lower degree, ordinarily the D.I. B.Th. in Theology;
- A score of at least 55% (C+) in the Dominican Institute compulsory courses or their equivalents elsewhere.
- A practical knowledge of Hebrew, Greek and Latin.
- A reading knowledge of one modern language besides English, as stated in 4 above.
- If there is any question about No. 2, the Dominican Institute may examine the candidate’s knowledge in the areas in question.
- If the candidate has scored less than 55% in any of the compulsory B. Th. courses, he or she will be required to do remedial work.
- If the candidate’s first degree is not in Theology, the candidate must first take at least two years of preliminary courses in theology, in addition to certain core philosophy courses (if these are lacking), as the Admissions Board shall work out in each case.
- In the absence of any satisfactory evidence regarding Nos. 3 and 4, the Dominican Institute shall conduct an examination in the language concerned.